Are you dreaming of owning a home of your own?
If owning a home is your dream, you may be closer than you think. If you are ready and willing to make a commitment to home ownership. To get started contact the Rockland Housing Action Coalition regarding our First Time Home Buyers Counseling. It gives future home buyers an opportunity to meet, in private, with a trained counselor who understands the home buying process.
How will Home Buying Counseling help me?
It will help you:
- Figure out how much home you can afford
- Know your rights as a borrower
- Learn about home buying programs and special mortgage programs
- Understand your credit report and help clear up any credit problems
- Develop realistic spending and savings plans to help you save for your down payment
- Understand what a loan officer looks for when reviewing your mortgage application