To help low and middle income families in our community obtain quality-built rental and for sale housing and provide support to current homeowners and renters.
- Build cost-effective for sale and rental homes for low and moderate income families and active adults age 55 and over
- Provide technical assistance to local municipalities, private developers, community based organizations and others who wish to provide cost effective homes
- Provide financial counseling to remove all obstacles blocking the path to homeownership
- Help our senior citizens obtain low cost rental housing in our active adult communities
- Create housing for local volunteers and health care providers who can no longer afford to live in Rockland County
- Support all residents with issues regarding homeownership including foreclosure prevention, home maintenance
- Pre-qualify eligible buyers and support them through the mortgage and homeownership process
- Advocate on behalf of homeowners and renters
- Obtain financing from lending institutions to construct new housing developments
- Procure grants from federal, state and local government to reduce the cost to rent/purchase homes we construct for income eligible individuals
- Locate viable building sites to provide cost effective homes
- Work with caring volunteers and professionals who work with RHAC to evaluate building sites, supervise construction and represent buyers at closing
- Partner with local builders, community-minded banks and professionals who reduce their fees to help us develop quality homes
- Active Board of Directors representing various community and professional groups
- Minimum staff of hired dedicated professionals so most of the funding obtained can be used for project costs
A Message From The Coalition President
Since 1986, the Rockland Housing Action Coalition, Inc. (RHAC) has made significant strides in providing cost-effective housing for income eligible families and active adults in Rockland County.
Our success is based on the innovative partnerships we’ve created with local builders, lending institutions, government officials, grant providers, community based organizations and dedicated individuals who support our mission of providing cost-effective homes to middle income individuals and families.
In recent years, RHAC has been working with the public and private sectors to develop rental housing for our growing senior population. The Coalition is always moving in new directions seeking new ways to fulfill our mission to provide cost effective rental and for sale homes for Rockland residents.
As President of the Board of Directors of the Rockland Housing Action Coalition, I hope you will support our goal and help us create housing opportunities for Rockland residents. Your membership will enable us to build new homes, provide credit, budget, mortgage, homeownership and foreclosure prevention counseling. In addition, your support will help us empower individuals with the skills they need to rent and/or purchase homes in Rockland County, close to their families and friends.