Are you dreaming of owning a home of your own?
If owning a home is your dream, you may be closer than you think. If you are ready and willing to make a commitment to home ownership our homebuyer counseling services are available to you.
To get started contact the Rockland Housing Action Coalition regarding our First Time Home Buyer’s Counseling which gives future home buyers an opportunity to meet, in private, with a trained counselor who understands the home buying process.
How will Home Buying Counseling help me?
It will help you:
- Figure out how much home you can afford
- Know your rights as a borrower
- Learn about home buying programs and special mortgage programs
- Determine if you are eligible for assistance grants
- Understand your credit report and help clear up any credit problems
- Develop realistic spending and savings plans to help you save for your down payment
- Understand what a loan officer looks for when reviewing your mortgage application
If you are interested in one-on-one homebuyer counseling you can download our intake packet here or if you would prefer to do online counseling at your own pace, please click the ehome link below!
RHAC is here to advise you and help you achieve your goals!
Get started by clicking the button below!
If you have an impairment, disability, language barrier, or otherwise require an alternative to starting the process online please speak with agency staff and they will arrange alternative accommodations.